Sometimes I just have to laugh at the things that I overhear Garrett talking about. Like last night, we had some friends over for dinner. All the hubbies were off watching the night's big March Madness games, so some of us wives thought we'd get together too and let the kids entertain each other! Seriously, by Friday night, I'm usually tuckered out!!! Everyone came over and we had a great time - despite my late cooking and my burning half the pizza!!! :)
Anyway, the kids were playing outside in the backyard...but periodically someone would come in and we'd catch some of the sounds from outside...they were playing chase, tag, hide-and-seek, pull the hose around the yard (you know how fun that can be!), and basically were just having a great time entertaining themselves in the great outdoors!
One time though, the door opened and our little friend Megan ran in. Garrett was close behind (bossing her around like usual - sorry Megs!) and this is the next thing I heard..."Megan, come back outside. It's okay if you get tackled!" Hmmm...no wonder the poor girl was seeking sanctuary inside. The boys were apparently going to start tackling her! Of course, in all actuality, she could hold her own, with Garrett basically being the most passive (read - wussy!) of the group...I'm sure she'd have him flat on his back in two seconds if the game had really taken off!
Okay, I was just going to find a quick picture of these two...but after browsing through my photos...you now have to take a trip down memory lane with me! Sorry!!!
Here are the two tackling buddies when they first started playing together! They wore these 'Dash' masks (from Disney's 'The Incredibles') all the time!!!

Here they are at one of the guys' Friday night softball games.

Here they are at the park a few months ago! It's crazy how much they've grown!
And here they are after face painting together at the Children's Museum. Steve loves this pic, and calls it the engagement photo because of the pose with her hand on his chest! They are so funny!
6 comments:
How cute are they! I love the tackle story! Too funny!
That is adorable! Although I'd better not tell Eliza, or she might get jealous! :)
They have always been so cute together. That would be hillarious if it kept going later in life and you had all of these pictures. Don't we all have those boys in our life?
That story makes me laugh:) They are so funny together. The pics are so cute and bring back some great memories. The face painting picture is seriously hilarious!
Awesome pictures!!! I can't believe how fast they are growing! It's almost scarry... They truly could be engaged in a few years! How fun and crazy would that be?!? Stay sweet "little" ones.
so cute!! hey, I have one more for you from when we all went the beach forever ago. did I ever send it to you? I'll email it to you and you'll have to add it to your collection!
Post a Comment