All week long I think of all these amazing things that I couldn't possibly live without...and I make myself wait until Friday to reveal my latest favorite. But then Friday comes along...and my mind is completely blank. So, I promise to run right to the computer from now on and post about my favorites...why wait until Friday - right?
Today though, in pondering this all morning, I've come up with too many favorites once again. So I'm writing about the thing that I'm grateful for most today. I guess it's more of a feeling than an actual product that I'll give a rave review on, so sorry if that's what you're expecting. I'm just in a different mood today I guess! Maybe that's what being borderline sick (me or the kids) for weeks on end will do to you...turn you into a sappy mess! :)
I've got to say that my favorite thing today is being able to snuggle up with my kiddos while the wind is blowing away quite fiercely out there and the temperatures have dropped to a chilly level - I won't tell you how chilly because you'll think I'm a wimp! :) Since I was little though, whenever it storms, I get the urge to make cookies or a mug of hot cocoa and curl up and watch a good movie or snuggle under a warm blanket and read a good book. As a mom, these things are harder to do - unless your idea of a good movie is anything animated or if your favorite book is anything Dr. Seuss or involves a magic tree house! This is what my stormy snuggle time has turned into...and while I do have some good books that I'm dying to peruse...I'll cuddle up with 'Green Eggs and Ham' any day if it means that I have my kiddo's close by!
I realized a while ago that I had passed my random urge to bake and snuggle down to my kids...quite often when the sky darkens and the thunder starts to crash overhead...Garrett asks if we could make a popcorn treat or cookies or anything tasty and put in a movie. Pretty cute to know that though my boys look exactly like their dad...there's a little bit of me in there too!!!
Okay, and I just have to add...that our stormy two days here are nothing, I know, to those of you still getting snow and real winter weather. I know I'm a pansy...but there's a reason that I love living here...the weather is great - well, if you don't count the wickedly hot summers! :)
1 comment:
I love your wonderful personality and fun descriptions! Thanks for reminding me to read this. Why don't I remember on my own? I'm so glad we came to your house because I can picture what you are talking about and follow you around your house while you are writing about your life. We love you all four of you so much!
Post a Comment