Sunday, March 9, 2008

On the mend...well most of us!


Here's to hoping that we are done with being sick for this crazy, drawn-out illness season! Seriously, is it everywhere or just here that illnesses are lasting forever and being passed around like there's no tomorrow??? And I realize that I really have no room to complain...we've been spared, for the most part, from all the real doozies out there...but I'm really hoping that the rest of the germs will pass us by for a good while! I'm just so tired of the runny noses and the little coughs, not to mention our week of throwing up... and then there's the constant wondering if I should keep the kids home from church or refrain from going anywhere in public due to my fear of passing anything on.

Maybe the answer lies in being more afraid of picking up any new germs or any little sicknesses! I bet it's those blasted shopping carts at the grocery store that provide the germs every time - though I'm sure our latest bout of illness came directly from Ethan's 9-month check-up....got to love that!!! Never again will I take a healthy child into a doctor's office during cold and flu season! I only wish we could stay home and not venture too far from home...too bad we need groceries desperately! One can only live off the pantry for so long before the need for fresh produce makes you take drastic measures!

So here's to wishing everyone a healthy and sniffle-free week! I think we all deserve it after this winter!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I know! We still need to do our play date! I hope you are healthy while your sister is here! Call us when things calm down!

Aaron said...

So sorry you are/were sick. Something hit me in January and the world was a hazy funk for me for awhile. Hope things are looking up now. Hugs!

Aaron said...

Love the new look BTW. You are just too creative.