Monday, March 24, 2008

Legos, again!


Once again, I am devoting an entire post to our favorite toy...the fantastic Lego! Though I have to say, this post is entirely Garrett's idea.


We built this lego crab earlier...and Garrett started reminiscing about going out on Grandpa's boat and fishing and crabbing a few summers ago. He then decided that his lego creation had to be recorded in pictures and placed on the blog for Grandpa to see. You've got to love when your child likes to blog as much as you do! :)


So, here it is Grandpa...this will have to do until we can come back up and go out crabbing for real!

Okay, enough of Garrett's post! hehehe! I have to put my two cents in about these legos! Now, we all know that I am in love with anything lego and it is by far my toy of choice to play with with my kids! Even Ethan is getting in on the big lego block action! I love it!!! :)


We got this lego set last fall...it's the Lego Mosaic set and it is so fun! It gives you two big flat pieces that you get to create your masterpieces on...complete with instructions for many different patterns. Some of them get all 3-d on ya...this crab (though hard to see in pictures) has moving claws that can pivot around! Seriously, with legos, the options are endless! Okay, enough of my ode to toys...now back to my grown-up life!

2 comments:

Stephani said...

Where did you get such a fantastic lego set? John adores legos and I am fairly certain he would croak if we gave him this set!

Dani said...

I found them at Walmart (on clearance), randomly enough. But here's a link to the set we bought - though this is on amazon... http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4498892-World-Mosaics/dp/B000JXSNO8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1206587609&sr=8-1

We were there searching for a b-day present for a friend last fall and had gotten this...but Garrett wanted it soooo badly that he offered to pay for half of it with his own money. He was so logical about coming up with a solution, that I gave in and we went shopping again for the b-day gift. I wasn't quite sure if girls liked legos or not anyway...so I guess it wasn't too hard to convince me to let him have it!