This week I've been thinking of so many different food favorites...probably because it's getting so hot here that I find I'm not cooking many big meals...just finding little snacky meals to make instead. So here are just a few random snacky faves I've come across lately.
Okay...so has anyone else tried the Chocolate Chex??? They are soooo yummy! They're good in a bowl with milk in true, cold cereal fashion, but I LOVE them as a snack...it helps that chocolate craving I get so often...and I don't feel as guilty grabbing a handful of those than I would grabbing a snickers bar or making a batch of brownies or cookies or something! Besides, it's cold cereal, so it's fortified, right??? Basically, you're doing your body good by eating a handful of them every day - how else would you get all those extra vitamins and minerals?!?!?! Okay, only kidding...but they really are a tasty treat!

Another thing I've been eating like it's going out of style is chips and salsa. Seriously, I can not get enough of it! For some reason it seems like the perfect summer snack! I am usually not a bottled salsa fan, but I've stumbled across one that I just can't get enough of...and it's a generic HEB store brand so it's a very frugal option, to boot! So if you're ever looking for a new salsa...give the HEB Roasted Pepper Salsa a try - or any roasted pepper version - I think I saw a Pace version too. I am absolutely in love with the almost smoky/roasted flavor. It balances the heat perfectly!!! Another one type I tried the other day was from Walmart - it was Sam's Choice (I think) and it was something like Mango, Peach and Pineapple salsa. It too was very good...but I had to be in the mood for it - it was almost too sweet sometimes! We've also been making salsa too lately...got to put all those tasty garden tomatoes to good use!!! Needless to say, I think I have consumed my weight in tortilla chips over the past two weeks! :)
So happy snacking everyone...and have a fantastic weekend!!!
1 comment:
So . . . if you ever want to email me a recipe you use for your salsa, I wouldn't be opposed!
Post a Comment