Monday, February 4, 2008

Can't Live Without Them...

So, since my oven is STILL not working, I have been coming up with creative ways to actually cook and have re-realized how much I love the crock-pot. That got me thinking to how much I really rely on a few different things in my life and since all my posts are basically me, thinking aloud...here's another random post dedicated to my thoughts!

Things I can't live without...

1. (Probably the most important, sad to say!) My flat iron! Seriously, I cannot live without this - a fact that most of you should probably thank me for! My hair is HUGE unless otherwise tamed by this marvelous object! Completely worth a little investment in this category! And in case any of my college roommates are reading this...I'm only sorry that I didn't discover this until after college...You are true friends to love me in spite of my huge hair! :)

2. The crock-pot - as mentioned before! The yummiest meals come out of this wonderful machine - and the beauty of it is that most of these yummy masterpieces come with minimal prep and effort! Seriously a modern-day marvel!

3. My wheat grinder. I honestly can say that I LOVE my grinder and use it ALL the time! I love anything from hearty muffins to chocolate chip cookies with freshly ground whole wheat flour. Now, I just need to save up for a hand-grinder too...the options would be endless then!

4. My Combi stroller. I never realized the importance of a good stroller until my second child, I am very sad to admit! We suffered through the most inconvenient and hard to push stroller with Garrett...what were we thinking?!?!? Now, I just need to find a good jogging stroller - any advice???

5. The internet. It makes so many things possible - staying in touch, learning new things, the news (and weather) any time you want it, and on-line shopping (for those of us who really detest shopping, this little gem is worth it's weight in gold!!!) I also love the fact that you can learn about ANYTHING in just a few clicks! I scheduled our repairman to come out for our oven, since the GE customer service people said that was our only option in a case like ours...but in a 5 minute search online, I found people who had the same problem, listed their fix (with step-by-step details, I might add!), and found a great price on the part that I need to order. Yeah....the internet (and a VERY handy husband) just saved us $150! Wahoo!

Well, I could go on and on...but I'll stop now. I can't imagine this post is very interesting to anyone besides myself! Nevermind the fact that I should probably feed my kids lunch sometime today - that might be a little more important than me mulling over my list of favorites! Feel free to leave me a list of things you can't live without...it's kinda fun to think about!

4 comments:

a. borealis said...

You have your own wheat grinder?? I want one of these babies, BAD. Can you please post on all the important details, like - who, what, where, when, why?

Pretty please? I want to hear the journey so I can work towards my own little victory. Seriously, a wheat grinder has been in the background of my mind for quite sometime, but I don't really know where to start (not to mention having loads of time). Hee.

Aaron said...

You are a serious homemaker Dani. You put us all to shame!!!! I wish I could say that I can't live without my wheat grinder, crockpot, etc. The sad, sad truth is I could live without it all and go out to eat every day if I had the money. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ok here are three very important things to me.
1. My double electric breast pump. Provides freedom, nutrition and happiness.

2. Automatic garage door opener. Have you seen the snow.

3. Soy Milk. I love it!

Melanie said...

I am having a hard time picturing you with big hair. . . mmmm, nope still can't picture it. You'll have to post a picture so we can really appreciate your handy straight iron. For those of us after your special college days of course. :)