
Let me just recount my latest and lamest thing that I've done...
Today was Ethan's 9 month check-up...and let me just start by saying that 3 weeks ago when I made this appointment, I made sure to schedule it well before Ethan's regular afternoon nap. But of course this week, the kid has upped his nap time considerably, thus making my 2:00 appointment a VERY poor decision on my part! Oh well, he'll sleep in the car on the way, right??? Uh, no...not today!
So we get there...early I might add (I guess those New Year's resolutions might just be kicking in...too bad it's late-February!!!) Anyway, we get in...he gets measured and weighed and we head back to the room with a completely naked, tired (but peaceful) little boy. We get into the room and I go straight for the diaper bag to grab a diaper to cover the little guy before anything happens...and low and behold...no diaper - not even where I keep the emergency one tucked in with the changing pad!!!!!!! I know I have diapers out in the car, but how am I supposed to get them with a now super cranky, wailing baby and a 5 year old who finds the whole thing hilarious!
For a split second I even considered sending Garrett out to the car to see if he could grab one...but then I wised up...how could I send him outside, without me, into the parking lot?!?!?!?! I still strictly enforce the hand-holding strategy whenever we're even close to running vehicles! I'd just have to wait it out...our lovely and gracious pediatrician just bursts out laughing when she walks in and gladly (well hopefully gladly) held the now HOWLING baby boy, covered only with the paper pad thing they put down in the scale, long enough for me to bolt out to the car and grab the beloved diaper! Needless to say, Ethan was not happy for the rest of the appointment and fell asleep - exhausted and traumatized - in the car on the way home. Poor kid!!!
Oh, and you'll be happy to note that the diaper bag is now completely bulging from me cramming so many diapers into it...determined to never have this happen again!
2 comments:
That is my new favorite story!!
That is so funny Danielle! Only mothers would know the pressure in such a critical moment...I can't imagine having that happening with Loic who would probably start screaming Jaz-Jaz (since he is so worried everytime she cries...) I'm glad your doc took it very well.
Post a Comment