
Today we were in the car on our way home - yes, I did make another attempt to run errands with the boys! Will I ever learn?!? They actually did very well today...I think it was probably the fact that we were running out to get candy for the trunk-or-treat tonight, funny how candy is the great motivator! Anyway, we were almost home and Garrett pipes up from the back seat, "Yea, I think I'll be an astronaut, a pilot and a grocery man." It was like he had been pondering it for a while and had just come to the all-important conclusion. I stifled my chuckle and asked why he wanted to be each of those specific professions. He just laughed at me for even asking, like it should be pretty obvious, and I admit the astronaut and pilot dreams are pretty obvious - even to a clueless mom, but I was just fishing for the reason on the 'grocery man' idea! So after he had laughed at me for even asking...he got around to answering. "The astronaut because I want to see Earth. The Grocery Man so you can buy food from me. The pilot so I can fly you around." So funny and so sweet. I love that his lofty dreams and aspirations involve me - selfish, huh!?! But honestly, when he's all grown up, I don't think he'll be considering the grocery profession just because Mom needs some fresh produce or that he'll base his decision to become a pilot just because Mom still has never been to Hawaii! I've got to take the love while I can!!!
4 comments:
That is too precious! You are his world right now. So you are right, just soak it all in while you can!
Eli wants to be whatever Malia wants to be. Malia wants to be an Animal Rescuer...I wonder where that one came from?;) I finally convinced her that a veterinarian is a much cooler job. Funny thing is they are both terrified of animals. Cats, dogs, squirrels...no matter they are all terribly scary. I love the grocery man deal. Cuter than anything!
Hey girl! Kelley gave me your blog address. This is Natalie Hayes and hopefully you remember me! Your family is beautiful and I hope you are loving the promised land! What part of Texas do you live in? We will hopefully end up somewhere down there next spring. Check out our blog too! www.thedunningfamily.blogspot.com
Tell Steve I said hi too!
Love,
Nat
I think that's one of my favorite parts about childhood--they just know they can conquer the world! We need to stay like that, even when we're old and saggy. :)
Post a Comment