Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall is in the air!

Okay, I know this may be a bit random, but I am so excited for Fall. I realize that I live in Houston, where there really isn't much of a Fall season, but still, old habits die hard I guess! I've been hearing about the leaves in the mountains changing in Utah or the beautiful colors on display back home in Washington...and here I'm racking my brain trying to remember if we even get leaves changing colors or not! How can I not remember?!? I've spent two autumns here in Texas already...and I really can't remember how it goes. Maybe it's just because we don't follow the normal seasons that I grow up with...but still, you'd think I'd remember!

Today though, I cannot imagine a more perfect day - it makes me soooo excited for the cooler weather to come! Granted, it was still in the high-80's...but with NO humidity, it was a dream! I planted our fall garden and took the kids to the park and didn't dread the thought of sitting outside at T-ball practice tonight...it was PERFECT! So, here's to hoping for an actual autumn season - is that even possible here? I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Sounds wonderful! Can we move there? It is already too cold for me here in Twin!

a. borealis said...

Ugh, I think I would wither and perish if there was never fall or winter. It has got to be rough, especially with what you grew up with in WA and UT.

That's nice that you get a break from the humidity! There is nothing worse; seriously. Humidity + heat = torture.

Ack, this comment is terribly negative, isn't it?? Sorry! :)