So, I honestly think that playing Legos with Garrett is one of my favorite things that we do together - well, toy-wise that is! It's the one toy that I can handle playing with for more than a few minutes! I think he has a longer attention-span than I do - how sad is that! :) But seriously, I remember when he was younger and we would play with the big, blocky legos and they were my favorite then...but now that we've moved onto the teeny-tiny little blocks...the possibilities are endless! I know...I'm such a mom! But these are the things that light up my life right now!
On a more grown-up note...Steve came home last night with flowers for me! Well, he brought some chocolate too, but that's almost gone...so we'll just mention the flowers! :) He remembered that it was our 11 year anniversary of our first date! I can't believe it has been so long - and I can't believe that he remembered!!! Didn't we just start college and just barely meet??? But when I look back at it, and see the two kids and all the amazing adventures we've had (or all the every-day living), I can't believe that it hasn't been even longer! Crazy how that works! But thanks Steve!!! You are the best!
9 years ago
8 comments:
Steve needs to have a heart to heart with Aaron...pass it on.;)
Oh my goodness -- 11 years since your first date. Wow. You guys even have me & Blaine beat (we're the winners within the circle of our college friends): we met and were instantly connected 11 years ago next month. Sa-weet. I can't believe we're old enough to talk like that.
Along the lines of Legos, I know...! Aren't they great?? I used to love playing with them too. I can imagine that as a mother, it is very exciting to see what that brain and those little fingers can create. It seems, too, that is is worth getting into BIG, as outgrowing Legos probably won't happen for another 10 years. They are just that cool.
Diego has just started showing interest in our Duplo blocks within the last couple of days, but he's still a little young to completely understand the concept; so I have to sit down with him or shrieks will ensue. "Eeeeeeh!! Help, Mama!!!" Sheesh... :)
Today is 39 weeks for me...still pregnant, still anxious.
I love your polka-dots!
Yep...legos are pretty much the best toy investment we've made - well those and the GeoTrax Train. That's the other toy that I love to play with with the kiddos! I love the toys that grow with them!
Dani--where are you getting your cute layouts and how do you input them onto blogspot. Help!!! I am computer illiterate!
Alita...this one comes from http://www.shabbytulips.blogspot.com/ They have some cute stuff! Check them out! They have step-by-step instructions on how to do it!
PS if you have have a blog...you better share it! :)
Dani
I thought I had told you we do. We have had it for about just under two years but aaron was in charge of it before. I have taken over and it is much better now. Check it out. aaronalita.blogspot.com
hugs and kisses
alita
Hey -- how can you tell what the template will look like? I checked out the shabbytulips site, but couldn't see anything other than the instructions.
Maybe I need to go to bed. :)
if you just play around on the shabbytulips site you'll find it...there's a section on the right hand side (down a bit) that says layouts...click on any of those and it will pull up a new template. Or if you scroll through her posts, she has some links in there too...like her halloween templates or other collections. just look around, you'll find them! let me know if you have any other questions...i'm a total rookie, but i love playing around with this stuff!
borealis...did you see any pics from T's wedding? So fun...I'm so sad we weren't there with everyone! :)
Post a Comment