I have spent the day reflecting on how incredibly blessed we are with our little guys. Though I admit, I had my share of frustrations today too...am I the only one who can't seem to finish ANYTHING without little interruptions every 30 seconds??? Literally, every time I sat down to paint or do anything...I had to jump right back up and fix a snack, turn on a movie, watch the amazing grape tricks at lunch - honestly, do kids and grapes make anyone else nervous? I was watching Garrett suck grapes into his mouth and I made a mental note to find a class for CPR and Heimlich training! How can I be a mom and not really know what to do in an emergency...it seriously has been years since I've been certified! How can they send these little bundles home from the hospital without some sort of CPR class or something? Anway, that's another post for another time!
So back to my blessings -I think this is part of my therapy for being so stressed today...focus on the blessings! We were outside today and I was just watching my boys...and it struck me how grateful I am for them and how I couldn't imagine life without them. I thought back to all the doctors who told us it would be too risky to have any more kids...WHAT??? How could we not have had Ethan in our family?!? He adds such much to our family and he can't even talk yet...I've never seen a kid who can communicate so well with his eyes! He is the happiest little guy imaginable! I am so grateful for both our boys and the adventures we've had and the adventures that are looming in front of us!!!
9 years ago
4 comments:
I swear parents don't have kids because of how good they are at shaping and molding young minds and spirits. We have them because of how much we learn both directly and indirectly from them. They truly are a blessing (especially when they are as cute as yours;) Thanks for a nice reminder as an end to my day. Man we need those reminders...it's so easy to get bogged down and forget what is really important.
Thanks Dani, I needed that! I remind myself almost daily how fleeting this time is and that soon someone else will get to spend most of their day with my kids, and that's going to kill me! They are such a blessing. Your boys are ADORABLE.
You are such a good woman and mom! It is such a blessing to be able to have children! A true miracle for anyone! Just more proof that our Heavenly Father loves us! :-)
You are very blessed with 2 sweet boys, that is for sure! Why do you always get the mellow kids? =) That's a sweet post!
Post a Comment