So, as for my last post...I got emails and comments about being a good mom and what mellow kids I have. Hmmmm, not quite the feel I got from my post, but thanks!!! I really needed that! After I posted, I read through it and realized I sounded like I was venting/complaining about life in general! I didn't mean it that way, and I guess I'm glad it didn't come across that way! And about having mellow kids...have you seen us lately? I feel like we're a whirlwind in a major path of destruction and noise wherever we go! :) Like yesterday...we enjoyed going out to lunch with friends and being the brainiac that I am, thought that I could run a quick errand while the boys were being so great! Within one minute of entering the store I start to hear "I'm HUNGRY!" What??? We JUST came from lunch??? How does that work? But, of course I've come prepared with a bag full of snacks so I hand him one...and then we proceeded to have a major meltdown over the snack that I handed the poor boy! FABULOUS!!! We just left the store - SO not worth it! The sad part is that this is my third attempt at Lowe's in the past few weeks and every time we've had a meltdown and ended up leaving within 3 minutes of entering the store...oh well, maybe trip #4 will be luckier and I'll finally be able to finish my projects. Well, that or I can wise up and actually go when Steve gets home one night! Hmmmm, there's a thought - errands without kids...how lovely!
So, again...a post where I'm venting...like I said, maybe this is my therapy! But when all is said and done, life is good! And honestly, they don't get much cuter than they are now!!! Even in the midst of the meltdown yesterday...I couldn't keep from laughing! Maybe that made it worse, but it was so funny! I'm sure the Lowe's workers were baffled by the giggling mom being trailed by a wailing 4 year old!!! But what can I say, they're cute even when their driving me crazy!!!
9 years ago
4 comments:
HA! I love you! You are THE best!
This is normal Dani, i just had to laugh. I don't like doing errands with all 3 these days it takes a long time and we all come home crabby and tired. I like the idea of waiting until dad comes home :)
I am laughing out loud right now! You should be a writer. That was hillarious! I have those days where I don't like the snacks I have either. Who says apples are good? GRANOLA BARS are so much better =) HA HA
Yeah...so it wasn't even the snack options I had...he loved it - I never have cheezits or whatever those cheesy square crackers are! He fell apart when he dropped one on the floor...not even the whole bag...just one little cracker and the whole world came down!
And yes, I do know this is normal...that's why I love it! :) If it were abnormal I don't think I would write about it or even go out in public at all for that matter!!!
Post a Comment