Thursday, June 25, 2009

Handy Hubby

Both Steve and I have a dream of being master woodworkers. We both love the tools and figuring out what exactly to do with them! Plus, if you can actually build something useful - a total bonus, right?!?!

Steve is being a little more pro-active about this dream right now than I am...and here's the proof! I found some plans for this little ottoman/bench/storage chest thingy that promised to stretch our woodworking abilities and provide us with a little piece of furniture that would actually be useful - as long as all the legs measure the same length! :) Steve is diving right in (despite the 500 degree temperatures in our garage after work) and it is finally taking shape!!!

So here's my handy boyfriend last night...and a token picture of me with my staple gun. This picture is only included because it was the only one that showed more of the progress we made! I haven't helped at all on this project (thus the reason the legs WILL all be the same length!), but he was nice enough to let me attempt to be helpful last night during the assembly process!
Thanks Steve...I love working on projects together! Want to do a built-in entertainment center next??? :)



4 comments:

Erin said...

The project looks fantastic. Jason and I love doing projects together they usually involve buying something and putting it together from the instructions in the box!

You're a great example to us un-handy folk!

Dana said...

I'm impressed. And I also really like your shirt in that picture! =)

Asherbie said...

Wow that gives us something to aim for... looks fantastic! Make sure to post the final product!! :)

Crystal said...

Way to go moma! Chris and I would end up hating each other for about a few minutes! I am impressed that you work so well together. Our deal is he works outside, I work inside. And I kind of like it that way. Post the done project!