Monday, February 16, 2009

100 years old

I was just in tucking Garrett into bed and we were talking about the coming week. It is his 100th day of school on Thursday and I told him that he was supposed to dress up like he was 100 years old. He laughed for a second and then said... "Hey! Kate (names have been changed to protect the innocent!) should bring in her Mom and Dad! She said that her Mom and Dad were like a hundred years old!!!" Seriously, do our kids discuss our ages amongst themselves??? I laughed (a bit too nervously probably) and asked if he thinks I am 'like a hundred?' He laughed even harder at that...so I'm taking that as a NO!!! Whew!

5 comments:

Sheralie said...

Well they probably do. My children announce my age constantly in front of me. At least you are young, eh?

Culturally, it is an not always a rude thing to discuss. I have found here in Manila that it is the number one question people ask me - at church or making friends. Someday I will get used to it.

Crystal said...

I will never get used me children calling me "ancient". Thanks kids, I sure do appreciate you.

Hugs from mom said...

I heard Cameron discussing it with her friends once. Something about how I don't know things that she does because I'm so old. I hate to admit, in some ways it was true. On their fieldtrip the other day they were doing hand clapping games and I thought, "some things never change" then they started discussing passwords on websites and I thought, "uh, I guess they do."

Hugs from mom said...

By the way, it was so great spending time with you last week and getting a little caught up. I hope the rest of your weekend went well.

Thanks again for coming to Cameron's play. It meant a lot to us.

katyn said...

I love the 100 Day thing. For hers, Anna wrote that when she was 100, she "wanted to be a wife and her husband would be in charge." Her teacher thought it was hysterical. Turns out she thinks that being "in charge" means you have to do all the work. She said she wants her husband to change diapers while she plays.