Thursday, February 5, 2009

backwards as usual!

So, I checked out Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook "Deceptively Delicious" and finally got around to trying a recipe. It was okay...not my best work, but wasn't awful either. I'll definitely have to try a few more before I give any sort of recommendation on the book...but of course the library due date is sneaking up fast, so I need to get cooking!

But it got me thinking. My kids are amazing eaters when it comes to fruits and vegetables...no need for deception there! But my dilemma comes with Ethan...I was drawn to this book because of it's sneaky way of getting in a few extra veggies! I am hoping and praying that by slipping in the extra vegetables, my child will eat the normal food...maybe if the chicken is doused in 3 extra vegetable purees, he might find it somewhat palatable!!! I may have to resort to making purees out of the noodles and meat and sneaking it in with the beans and peas and carrots that are in plain sight!

Anyway, just another post about nothing really besides the random things going through my head! And of course, to once again confirm the fact that we are not normal in our house and find joy in doing things backwards! Have a good day everyone!!!

4 comments:

katyn said...

That sounds too familiar. Elizabeth is the same way - she likes fruits, vegetables, bread, and cheese. You'll have to let us know if you end up liking the cook book.

Dani said...

ooohhh...how'd you get her to eat cheese? :) and yes, let me try out a few more recipes and i'll give you my review!

Rach_Spencer said...

Christian is just the opposite. For the first three years of his life he only ate 6 things. He would drink smoothies though so I would sneak all kinds of things in them twice a day. He's doing better but it's taken A LOT of work. Let me know how you like the book.

Crystal said...

Okay, that is my favorite book of all time. Almost everything that I have tried is really good. And the kids don't even know that there is "good" stuff in there. Good luck. If you need to know if something is good, call me. I am all about being sneaky.