Thursday, February 12, 2009

I LUV Kids

So, as some of you may know, Danielle and Ethan are in Utah for a few days, which leaves me at home with Garrett. It has been a lot of fun these last few days spending time with Garrett. It is kind of hard because we are trying to make and eat dinner, get all of his homework done, AND have fun. All this when I don't pick him up from friends' homes until about 5:30 or 6pm and his bedtime is 7:30 (right Dani?). Anyway, we were sitting at the dinner table tonight, eating pizza and working on his spelling words when Garrett says, "why do I have to have spelling tests anyway?" I took advantage of the opportunity to teach him about how important it is to be able to communicate and if we couldn't spell things right, we wouldn't be able to understand each other. I even referred to some previous conversations we had about Nephi learning to write so that we could have scriptures. So I get through with my "teaching" moment and he says,
G - "but mom doesn't know how to spell"
S - "What do you mean?"
G - "when mom spells love on the computer she always spells it wrong, she writes L-U-V"
S - after laughing "mom knows how to spell"
G - "well, does the computer not let her spell it right?"

Anyway, I told him to ask Dani why she spells it wrong. So here is the heads up for you Dani, better think of some good reason.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Okay, so Steve....now aren't you grateful for how much your wife does for you? Now, could you clue Chris in? (hahahahahahahahahahaha) Later. Enjoy that time.

Kelley Hauck said...

Too cute! Luvs to Dani!