Sunday, August 30, 2009

Almost there...okay, just kidding!

Just an update: (without pic's...I'm here at the hospital and can't download any pictures...sorry!)
We were 100% sure we were going to be bringing Olivia home this past Friday. The doctors had signed the orders, there was one more signature needed (mine!), I had her room all packed up and we were headed out the door...after one last feeding so we could make the drive home. Steve was 5 minutes away from being here to pick us up...and my perfect little girl decided she wanted to stay with all her friends at the hospital. She had a pretty significant bradycardiac episode (her heart rate dropped) while eating and they decided to monitor her over the weekend. Of course I knew that was best...but my heart still felt like it had been ripped out and stepped on and then crammed back in my chest and I was expected to go on as normal. (I think the fact that I had hardly slept the night before, been up since before anyone should be that morning, and not eaten a normal meal in quite some time had something to do with my crazy emotions the rest of the day!) I was honestly fine with it...if it's what is best for Olivia, of course I will do whatever...but I still couldn't help shedding a few tears every now and again that day. What a roller coaster!
She's been okay over the weekend..a few more bradys and stuff...so we'll see what happens this week. Maybe she'll come home tomorrow...maybe they'll want to monitor her a bit more. We'll just wait and see and enjoy/tolerate the remainder of our NICU stay! :) We are still just so grateful for the amazing care she has received. Her doctors and nurses have all been great!

7 comments:

Sheralie said...

Oh darn I was really hoping too. WE will pray harder!

Hugs from mom said...

So sorry Dani! You've been handling this all so amazingly well. Any mother would cry to be disappointed like that. I'm glad she's still doing well, though. Hang in there!

Dinah said...

I'm checking in and reading up on your dear little Olivia. You have been through a lot. I am impressed by your positive attitude. You are being blessed. Lots of love and prayers from MN.

The Perry's said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear that. I hope that you'll be able to take her home soon. Good luck with everything!

Tiffany W. said...

Can I bring you dinner tomorrow? So that is one less thing you have to worry about? Please say YES! :)

Rach_Spencer said...

Oh I'm sorry!! That stinks!! She's so close, that will be so NICE to have her home.

Asherbie said...

Ugh, so sorry! You're so close!!