Monday, August 17, 2009

Bottle #1 - CHECK!!!

Today Steve and I got to feed Olivia her first bottle!!!! She did great! She drank the whole thing and didn't seem to have any problems with it...no forgetting to breath, no choking and she didn't even swallow too much air!!! She had a great suck reflex and downed the whole thing in half the time allotted her! We were so beyond excited! Hopefully the doctors will increase her to two bottle feeds tomorrow so she'll get some more practice.

Today also marks Olivia's first month! I can't believe she has only been with us for a month - it seems more like a year with everything that we've managed to cram into these past four weeks! But we are just so grateful for her and her spunky little personality. She continues to be such a little fighter and has such strength! We are truly blessed to welcome such a special little one into our family!




She can even eat while sleeping...such a talented little girl! :)

First burping session!
Snuggle time with Daddy after eating!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! What a milestone! Congratulations

Sara said...

We are so happy for your family! Thanks for letting your boys hang out with us.

buchanancasa said...

What a little champ. I love those photos of her under the blankets--funny how we're not supposed to cover them but it's okay for the nurses to do it! I have always been a huge blanket mom myself and my kids are still alive. Way to go, Olivia!

Dan Sudweeks said...

We sure appreciate your posts. We love to see and hear how she is doing. I cant wait to feed her or hold her myself. Love you all.

Ryan said...

She's so beautiful. I can't wait to see her in person one of these months.

Hugs from mom said...

Everytime I check your blog Olivia is making milestones. It's so exciting. Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. I'm so glad she drinking so well. But I also can't believe how tiny she still is. Crazy! What a little trooper!

Love you guys.

Asherbie said...

So sweet! I love the one with you burping her... such a sweet little moment.