Each day now is so extremely different from the day before. Now that Grandma is gone, the juggling act has gotten a bit more interesting! It's challenging, but great...just in different ways.
Today I woke up early (really early for me) and quickly headed out the door for the hospital, trying desperately to stay ahead of morning traffic. It was so fun to spend my early-morning hours snuggling with Olivia. Yesterday she didn't sleep much when I held her, but this morning, she tucked right in and slept for a good long while! I love it...and I'm convinced she grows more when we get to hold her for longer periods of time! :)
I then rushed back home so that Steve could make it into work without missing too much of his morning. The boys and I ran a few errands and then rushed back to fit in a super-late nap for Ethan. We enjoyed a quick break at home (meaning, we had time to do a few things like start a load of laundry and empty out the dishwasher - much to Garrett's excitement...but also had some fun visitors too! Thanks again for stopping by guys!!!)
Then we had to rush back out again. I dropped the boys off at a dear sweet friend's home who agreed to take my boys for the night so that Steve could come help me at the cannery. My poor husband knows me all too well, and came to ensure that I didn't do any heavy lifting throughout the night as I tried to help everyone fill their orders! Thanks again Steve...I would have popped every stitch for sure if you weren't there! :) Then afterwards, I rushed home to pick up the boys and tuck them into their beds...while Steve took the chance to head down the the hospital and see Olivia.
This is our life - crazy, but wonderful at the same time! Easy to say now that I have a second to sit and catch my breath! :) Thankfully, not every day is this chaotic - I'd fall apart if they were!!! But it's days like this that make me so excited to get Olivia home so that we can be together...no more rushing back and forth to the hospital at the wee hours of the morning or late hours of the night! And yes, I know that life is always busy and crazy...and, we're not the only ones with hectic days right now - everyone is bustling around with back-to-school stuff, crazy work schedules, last-minute vacations...it's just that time of year! But just knowing that hopefully sooner rather than later, our family will be together...the way we should be! :) I can't wait!!!
So, thank you, every one of you, for all your help...either with watching my boys, bringing us meals, stopping by to chat, thoughtful phone calls, prayers in our behalf, touching emails or even comments on this crazy blog! We appreciate all of you and your thoughtfulness!
4 comments:
Wow! I don't know how you do it! Please keep us in mind if you ever need help with anything... late nights or early mornings! :) And we can't wait for Olivia to join you at home too!
Oh my Danielle. I wish somehow we could live closer. We will pray Olivia will continue to grow so she can come home!
Thanks for keeping a blog!! I just spent the night reading from the beginning of Olivia's story. Bryan did mention that you had the baby early but I didn't know anything else. I just got home last night from 5 weeks in Canada visiting family. We will keep you in our prayer and hope that everyday get's better and better. JoDee
So good to here that Olivia is doing well and progressing so fast! I know these days are trying and exhausting. You are lucky to have each other and such a supportive network of friends in Houston. I miss you dear one, and wish I could hold your hand right now (and maybe provide some child care!). Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment