Sunday, July 19, 2009

Olivia Clara Smith

Olivia shares a birthday (July 17) with her great grandmother Clara. We have always liked the name and thought it was a perfect fit. And we love Grandma Clara who was a great woman.

Olivia has started feeding (through a tube) and they have decreased the pressure on the air being delivered to her lungs...one step closer to getting rid of the big tubes on her. She spent the day lounging around under her bilirubin lights... Since she needed to be under the lights, we couldn't hold her today :( but on the positive side, the took off her hat and we got to see her hair. It is a light brown and blond color and so cute.

Dani is doing well, up and moving around. We are still in the hospital at Memorial Hermann. I think we will be going home either Monday or Tuesday and we'll download some pics to share with you all.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again...congrats!! Can't wait to see pics of sweet Olivia! Glad both mommy and baby are doing well! We're driving through Houston on Wednesday and Sunday so let me know if you need anything!

The Lowe Fam said...

We are so happy Olivia is doing well. Thank you for posting updates on your blog. We love you so much!

Hedderg said...

I love the name, and am especially glad to hear that Dani and Livi are doing well. Please send my love!!!!!

Asherbie said...

So grateful you guys are doing okay.. you're in our thoughts and prayers. Welcome little Olivia and great job to Dani and you!!

Kelley Hauck said...

Oh my goodness- Congrats on a new baby girl. I am so happy for you that Olivia and Dani are doing well. Love you all so much.

Melanie said...

WE are thinking of you and praying for sweet Olivia and Dani. Please let us know if there is something we could do for you. I would be happy to watch kids while Dani visits baby everyday. What ever you need. Good luck. We love you.

Jen said...

What a perfect name!! I can't wait to see the pictures!

The Perry's said...

Congrats! I love the name Olivia. I am also glad to hear that Dani and the baby are doing well. Can't wait to see some pics of the babe.

La Belle Belge said...

Olivia Clara is such a beautiful name. I am glad she is making good progress and wish you the best. I can't wait to see pictures of her. Que le Seigneur vous benisse.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Smiths! I love the name. We were all over the Med Center today. I wish I knew you were there. I could have brought something yummy for lunch! I can't wait to see pictures. She's probably already starting posing, huh? I mean, only if she's happy with her outfit. Girls are a whole different ball game. Or, I guess, not a ball game at all. Unless there are cheerleaders and a dance team. Believe me, you'll know what I'm talking about in a few months. It's crazy, but oh so fun (and pink)!

Megan said...

WOW. I am sooo glad to hear it is going well despite the terms of her arrival. I'm glad you caught the preempclasia when you did!

Scott said...

What a cutie...I love the name! And I love you guys!