Friday, July 31, 2009

2 Weeks

Sorry for the lapse in posting...life is just a little crazy right now to say the least! :)

Here we are at day 14...Olivia is officially 2 weeks old. She's still doing great...gaining a little weight even - last night she was up to 3 lbs 3 oz! Wahoo! She's having some episodes where her heart rate drops and a few apnea spells, which they say is totally normal for someone her size and age...but it's still hard for me to hear. But overall, the trend is still upward so we couldn't be happier! We get to hold her a lot more now and get to do more...diaper changes, baths...stuff like that. So it's fun to be a little more involved than we were before...makes it seem a little more real!

The boys are doing great...still having a total blast with Grandma! We all went down to the hospital earlier this week and Garrett got to see Olivia again. Ethan was beside himself with excitement to spend a few hours with the massive fish tanks in the waiting area, so the trip was a success! Then my mom took the boys to the Children's Museum for a few hours and they all had a fun day out. So, slowly we seem to be finding the balance in all this. Life is crazy, but good. We are still so blessed and find such comfort in each and every one of those blessings.

Here we are in Olivia's new room, complete with a sleeper couch that we are sure to take advantage of in the coming weeks.

Olivia and friends (Garrett and Winky the lamb - thanks Deb!)

Now that Olivia is in a more stable area, they are letting us use our own blankets and things so this is the first time she has her pink little girly blanket to sleep on.

It is hard to appreciate her size...she doesn't look small to me but when you lift her up, you can feel how light and small she is in your hands.

8 comments:

Dana said...

I'm so glad she's growing. I so wish I was there. And I SO love that picture with Garrett peeking in the window with Olivia!

M&M said...

I had NO idea you guys had had your baby! I've been a little out of the loop the last week and a half. I'm sitting here holding Kenley reading all this and am crying like a baby myself. I guess having your own baby makes it hit home more. Anyway, she looks so strong for being so little and I'm amazed at how well you guys are doing. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

buchanancasa said...

A new room, she's moving up in the world! That is awesome. And she does look so mini! You can tell when you see your hands by her. I love how she seems to love to stretch out and not be scrunched. What a cutie!

The Perry's said...

I am so glad to hear that she is gaining weight and doing good. I love the picture of Garrett peeking into Olivia's bed, very cute!

Nicole said...

I'm so glad she is doing so well! I can't wait to see more pictures.

Kelley Hauck said...

She looks great! Thanks for the update. I can't believe how small she is, and how big she looks!!!

Tiffany W. said...

Olivia is the cutest thing ever! What a trooper! PLEASE let me know of any way that I can help out!

Christine said...

Oh what precious pictures! Thank you for sharing these with us. Olivia is growing so well.