So, i can't seem to fall back asleep after my 4am pumping session...probably because I always call and talk to the nurses and then my brain just keeps clicking away. And since this is basically my way of keeping track right now, you poor readers get the brunt of my early-morning thoughts - which i can assure you, usually aren't that coherent until at least noon on a good day! :)
Last evening, Olivia had to go back on the CPAP. They decided she was just having to work too hard to keep the breathing up on her own. The sweet nurse we talked to was great to reassure us that it isn't necessarily a setback and we shouldn't be discouraged...it's just them being cautious. She needs every calorie she can get to GROW and not focus so much on using them for things like breathing and keeping her heart pumping! So, though it feels like moving backwards, I am so grateful for the precautions taken and for that big ol' tube that is now back on her face! :)
It was so funny though to listen to the nurse talk about how much she was protesting it. She said they went to put it back on her, and her eyes flew open, her arms and legs started waving like crazy and she was squawking up a storm to let them know just how extremely unhappy she was about the whole thing. I love that even with being so tiny and helpless, she is so strong and knows exactly what she wants and is willing to fight for it - though maybe once we hit the terrible two's i won't think it's so cute!!! We could hear her in the background throughout the conversation still squeaking and letting us know that she wasn't too pleased to have those prongs back up her nose! So cute! But the nurse assured me this morning that she had slept soundly through the night and hadn't had any problems with her breathing levels or heart since being put back on it...so it's all great news!
So, we're back to this

from this
but it's all good! We'll take what we can get!!!
8 comments:
Go you little fighter, you! They just come with those precious spirits, don't they? I love how she sleeps all sprawled out; this princess will need herself a queen bed by the time she's 5, right? We are so happy for you! It just makes me teary eyed looking at all these shots, especially the ones of you two holding her. And being 11 wks along myself doesn't help me be less teary, that's for sure. :)
She's so beautiful! Thanks for posting the pictures. Keep 'em coming!
We don't mind your incoherent thoughts. Keep sharing them with us. She is a beautiful little girl and thank you for keeping us informed. You and your family are in our prayers.-Juliann
Dani- she is beautiful, and look you look beautiful also. Again, wish I lived closer. But I have to tell you- 2 of my good girlfriends had similiar stories almost 3 years ago in September. 3 years later, you would never know how tiny those little babies were when they were born! I know how stressful every moment can be while they are in the hospital. I am thinking about you and praying for her. I LOVE you!!!
xoxo
She is beautiful! I'm so happy to see her and know how much you two love and adore her! Can't wait to be there with you!
Wow-she's a chip off the ol block for hating hospitals and cords and tubes...
I can't believe how tiny she is. We're praying for you all! How are the boys?
I'm sorry you can't sleep- but I am happy for the pictures and updates you keep posting! She is so beautiful and I love hearing the stories about her. I can't wait to meet Miss Olivia. Good luck with everything!
I'm sure she'll be able to get off of the juice (aka CPAP) soon. They all do, eventually, as they get bigger.
I tried to call your hospital room last Saturday and no one answered (do they have caller ID at the hospital?) Even though I'm Steve's meanest cousin, feel free to call if you have any questions or you aren't quite understanding what your docs are saying.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
(And this is Brandon, not Jackie, as it will say when I post this)
Post a Comment