Monday, July 20, 2009

Introducing Olivia...in pics

As promised, here are a few pictures of Olivia - finally!!! Sorry for our slow technical delay...we really need a laptop!!! :)

Our first family photo...just a few minutes after she was born.

Here she is laying in her incubator...with all her wires and tubes to play with!
Here she and I are, the very first time I got to hold her on Saturday (two days after she was born...total torture waiting that long!!!)


Wouldn't you think she'd want to be all curled up tight??? She lays all spread out all the time! Maybe she knew she'd get a better tan from her bilirubin lights if she did it that way!!!


Just a shot of how we get to interact when we aren't able to hold her...which is most of the time. At least we can put our hands in there and talk to her.
A little shot of the diameter of her little arms...they're about the same as Steve's pinkie finger! Her little chicken legs aren't too much bigger either! So though, she is pretty good sized - length wise...this girl's got some fattening up to do! :)

Here she is today as we had to say goodbye. She was totally alert and kept looking at us through the incubator. It was so hard to leave the NICU this afternoon, knowing that we wouldn't be right back up to sit with her again until the next day.

17 comments:

The Lowe Fam said...

OH MY GOODNESS! She is so sweet, tiny, fragile, helpless, and so adorable (by what I can tell with all the tubes in her face). I can only imagine the feelings that a mother would have for this sweet baby doll. I just want to hold her and make everything all right. Hang in there, Dani. You'll get to hold her, and take her home soon enough! I couldn't control the tears when I saw the picture of you putting your arm in the incubator with a look on your face like you just wanted to hold her and couldn't. My heart is aching for you, but I'm so thankful at the same time that she is doing so well. We love her so much already. Hang in there. Love, Deb

Michelle said...

How cute is she?! That poor thing with all those things hooked up to her! But those things are helping her thrive, so I guess they have to be there! :) So precious. I can't believe how tiny she is! So sweet! Hope you are both doing well and that you are recovering well from the c-section.

Jen said...

She is absolutely precious!!

The Perry's said...

Congrats! She is so cute!I am so excited for you guys. I am glad to hear that everything is going well and that your cute little babe is doing great.

Sheri said...

I'm so grateful for the technology that makes it possible to see you and your baby and I'm a thousand miles away! How tiny and precious! Love that family photo!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Steven and Dani!! She is beautiful!! Girls are so fun!! You are in our prayers and we hope all continues to go well with you guys!! Love You! Heather

Alicia said...

What a sweetheart! I am so glad that she is doing well, and that you are doing well, and that things worked out for the best, despite the strange circumstances in which she arrived. I can't wait to meet her in person. :)

Hugs from mom said...

She's so cute and perfect and tiny. I love how long she is, though. Maybe she got some of our families genes.

That must be so hard to leave her in the hospital and to not get to hold her very often. I hope she continues to do well so she can come home soon.

Julianne said...

She is absolutely perfect! What a blessing to have her here, breathing and warm beside you.

You're a special mommy Danielle! Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

Dan Sudweeks said...

Danielle and Steve, It takes an experience like this to realize how special you and all your kids are to us. We love you all. It is so amazing to see her spirit shine thru the pictures all the way up here in Washington. May our Father in Heaven continue to bless you Olivia and your boys.
Love ya

Wilde said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wilde said...

Congratulations! I can't believe how well she is doing for how little and how early she is. It is truly amazing and a blessing.

Emily (Gale) Wilde

Rach_Spencer said...

Holy cow!! That brings back lots of memories of visiting my niece in the NICU. My older sister delivered at 24 weeks 5 days, she weighed 1 lb. 6 oz...it is amazing how small they are, and everything works. I will keep her in my prayers. I know it is scary, but hang in there, and spend as much time there as you can.
Love,
T
p.s. babies that small also like touching their hands to their face. they love that skin to skin contact...keep it up!!

Erin said...

She is very alert. Our prayers are with you and your family. What strength and courage she already has. I hope that soon you will be able to hold your little girl.

AmyJo said...

Congratulations! She is so precious and I love the name you chose! We will keep you all in our prayers and please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Christine said...

Olivia Clare, what a beautiful name for your precious daughter. We are praying for all members of your family. Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. What a tiny, tiny baby...who must find such comfort in the soft voices and touches of her mother and father.

Jen S said...

hey... heard the news... you guys are some of the strongest people I know. I'm sure it's so tough, so we'll pray for you & the boys, too. So glad things are going well & that little Olivia is such a tough little cookie! I hope you can get a little sleep & heal while they are taking great care of her. Don't forget to take care of yourself in all this! lots of love... Jen S