So, Garrett always comes home with a little drawing or something he's made in his primary lesson each Sunday. We always look at his stuff and talk about his lesson and such. I saw this cute lamb picture come home a few weeks ago and remember admiring his coloring and even noticing the extra rectangle in the corner of the picture but we didn't talk much about it.
Then the other night, I was in reading to Garrett before bed. He hands me a book as I snuggle in alongside him and I go to our bookmark and prepare to read the next chapter. I look at his 'bookmark', which just so happens to be the cute lamb picture from before and I comment again on how great his coloring skills are these days. He just smiles and says thanks. Then he asks me if I noticed the lamb's pack on his back? (oh, so that's what it was...maybe it went along with a primary story???) I acknowledge the pack with something along the lines of "Oh, what a great backpack!" He then giggles and tells me "Mom, it's not just a backpack...it's his rocket booster!" Oh great...my usually so reverent son was drawing rocket boosters for the primary animals! I then start laughing uncontrollably as I'm just trying to figure out (as I am constantly trying to figure out!) where exactly he comes up with these things! Must be from his Dad! :) hehehe!

4 comments:
Too cute! I totally don't mind you checking out my blog because I blog-stalked you the other day through Melanie's! But your blog is cuter so I think YOU should teach the class! =)
Thanks for the good laugh! Funny kid.
THAT'S HILARIOUS!
Nice Garrett!
Post a Comment