
I am having a hard time adjusting to the fact that Summer is quickly coming to a close...and for the first time, in a long time...that means back to school! Maybe it's the fact that it is hot as blazes out there, so how summer can be ending, I'm not quite sure!?!
But this year...it's Garrett's turn to head off to school. And while some days I'm so excited for this transition because I know that he is SOOOO READY...there are other days (which are coming more frequently) that I am just not ready to send my baby off to kindergarten! How is it possibly time to meet this new milestone yet??? He's just my baby. Granted, he's a baby who is smarter than all-get-out (apparently he takes after his daddy!), but he's still my little boy and I just can't bear the thought of not being able to spend all day with him! Selfish, huh??? Poor Ethan and I are going to be bored stiff...who's going to make up all our games to play and read us stories and make up crazy things to do all day?!? Seriously, Garrett is the most imaginative and creative kid I've ever met!!! I guess I'm going to have to step it up a bit and get those creative juices flowing again! :) Ahhh, the pressure's on!
But this year...it's Garrett's turn to head off to school. And while some days I'm so excited for this transition because I know that he is SOOOO READY...there are other days (which are coming more frequently) that I am just not ready to send my baby off to kindergarten! How is it possibly time to meet this new milestone yet??? He's just my baby. Granted, he's a baby who is smarter than all-get-out (apparently he takes after his daddy!), but he's still my little boy and I just can't bear the thought of not being able to spend all day with him! Selfish, huh??? Poor Ethan and I are going to be bored stiff...who's going to make up all our games to play and read us stories and make up crazy things to do all day?!? Seriously, Garrett is the most imaginative and creative kid I've ever met!!! I guess I'm going to have to step it up a bit and get those creative juices flowing again! :) Ahhh, the pressure's on!
4 comments:
Get ready for the tears to flow. I know mine will when I take BOTH of mine to school on September 4th. Yikes. No more kids at home. Sad.
You have such a cute blog Dani! I love to read your stories :)
So cute! I miss seeing you and your family.
You are such a great Mom Dani! I have to admit that somedays I can't wait for Loic to start school full time--On the other hand I almost cried when I dropped him off for half a day at Mother's Day Out Summer camp. So who knows what will happen when we get there... I too can't believe the "little" Garret we met 3 years ago will be going to kindergarten. I can forsee him being bored because he is so ahead of his years, I hope it won't be too bad for him ;)
Post a Comment