Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Lock it up!

So, I completely realize that all my posts are about my children...but let's face it, that's just my life! What else would I write about??? So, strap in for yet another story that had us laughing hysterically!!!

The last few nights, both Steve and I have gone to fill up our cups with water from our water dispenser on our refrigerator. For some reason, we have both mysteriously found this option "locked" and had to push a few buttons before we could fill up our cups and quench our thirst! Hmmm....why was it always locked?

Yesterday, Garrett starts to question Steve about unlocking the refrigerator. Their conversation goes something like this...

G - Dad, do you sometimes unlock the fridge?
S - Yes I do.
G - Well, I lock it every night.
S - Why do you lock it?
G - I lock it in case some one comes into our house, they won't be able to steal our water!

So cute and SOOOO innocent! I've never heard him express any concerns over break-ins or theft of any sort...but I love that in his mind, if anyone does break in, they are most likely to go straight for our water supply! Why else would there be a lock on a refrigerator water dispenser??? I guess it is one of our most precious resources, but any real burglar might have other/more monetary things on his mind during a break-in. But sad to say, Garrett has it right! In our house...there's not much to steal...he'd probably find a glass of chilled and filtered water a great reward for his pilfering! Maybe we could bribe him with that refreshing beverage to PLEASE take away some of our old worn down furniture or electronics! Maybe then we could get the new flat screen we've been dreaming of!

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Love it! What a cutie patootie!

Stephani said...

How cute is that?

Megan said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HA! That is a great story. I can't believe how big he is, and I love that all your posts are your kids. . .it shows how great of a mom you are!

Melanie said...

I love those fun comments they make. I think those are what makes parenting so rewarding in the early years.