Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Big Boy!

Today is Garrett's 5th birthday! I can't believe he is 5! Here is a list of things that I love about this kid...

1. He is the most creative kid I've ever seen...his imagination keeps us all hoppin'! I love the stories he makes up, the jokes he tells, and just the crazy things that he comes up with constantly to entertain himself! Seriously, whose fingers turn into make-believe airplanes and keep him interested whenever we go shopping!?!

2. He is learning new things every day! Lately it is things like defying gravity and jumping further than I ever thought possible for such a little guy! I even found myself trying to teach him to climb the walls in a hallway - remember doing that as a kid??? Though why, as a mother I think that's a good thing to teach him, I'll never know! Though it is MUCH harder to do now as an adult...so I don't think he caught on to how cool it really can be! :)
3. He loves his family...especially his little brother and his Dad! His entire world revolves around them! I love it!!!
4. He is always laughing - well, usually! He wakes up happy and spends the rest of the day trying to think up new jokes or ways to trick people just to make them laugh!

5. He finds joy in everything! Life is his...and he does his best each day to live it to its fullest...especially if that means trying to push back bedtime by any amount of time, just to keep the action going!!!

I could go on, but now that his b-day is almost over...I should probably post this!

Happy Birthday Little Man! We Love you!!!

2 comments:

La Belle Belge said...

Happy belated Birthday to Garrett! 5 years old, Oh My! I can't believe how time flies... You were still pushing him in a stroller when we were at Town Center... It has been fun to watch him grow from near and far. I hope we can get together more often this year :)

Tay said...

Happy Birthday Garrett! Danielle, he is such a cutie! (Both your boys are!) It's so heart-warming to read about what a sweetie he is!

Love the picture! Boys are so fun!