Here's my funny story for the day...
Steve and I were in Garrett's room this evening hanging a shelf that we had just made...one of those projects that we've been wanting to do FOREVER and finally found the time to do...YEA Christmas Break! :) This is what we heard between our hammering...
Steve and I were in Garrett's room this evening hanging a shelf that we had just made...one of those projects that we've been wanting to do FOREVER and finally found the time to do...YEA Christmas Break! :) This is what we heard between our hammering...
Garrett and Ethan were in the toy room playing together. Garrett was doing something to make Ethan laugh...(it sounded like he was jumping or throwing a ball or something), but every time he would do it, Ethan would giggle harder and harder. Pretty soon we hear a pretty big crash followed by the hardest laughter yet. We peek our heads out of Garrett's door and see Garrett sitting halfway underneath the Christmas tree with ornaments strewn all around him...Ethan is meanwhile cooing away happily waiting for the next silly instance to start giggling about! Garrett has his embarrassed/mad/'I'm about to cry' look on his face and he just informs us - quite strongly- that "falling is not funny!" It was all I could do to make it back into the bedroom before I started laughing uncontrollably...and it just got worse as he continued to lecture Steve on the unfunny-ness of falling! Poor kid! Luckily, Steve got him to come around and see the humor in laughing at ourselves when we do silly thing! Good thing he has a compassionate father...sometimes I just can't seem to control my laughter long for those teaching moments!
2 comments:
That is so cute! I can totally hear Garrett saying that! We miss you guys! Let's get the boys together over this next week with the Christmas break!
I love your blog. I can't believe that I haven't read it before now.
You need to tell me how you got that cute background with your pictures on it in the title spot.
Also, we missed you badly today in nursery. Wow, what a wild bunch. Yet, it was sad to see them there for the last time.
Post a Comment