I took the boys to visit Santa at the mall. You know, trying to build those Christmas memories in spite of the 70 degree balmy day (which secretly I loved!!! We've had our week of cold weather, and I'm done with it!!!) This attempt came after a few weeks of trying to get Garrett to the point where he was willing to sit on the jolly guy's knee and tell him what he wanted for Christmas. Really, who are we fooling?!? All I wanted was him to sit there - he didn't even have to talk - all I was after was the classic Christmas photo op! So finally, I have Garrett willing to go...but only if his friends go too (he's always braver with his friends!!!) So we set it all up and arrange to meet at the mall - which has the best Santa Claus I've EVER seen! We get in the relatively short line and start waiting our turn...well the moms were waiting...the kids were running around like banshees and having the time of their lives! Funny how when they don't see each other for a few days there is always the most joyous (and loud!) reunion when they do finally get to play! So anyway, all of a sudden, we see Santa strolling off in the opposite direction...and the sad message makes its way back through the line...Santa is now on his lunch break! He'll be back in an hour and 15 minutes! AAAHHHHH! So much for the pic...but all-in-all, I got what I wanted! The kids had a great old time creating their own Christmas memories on the 'trip to see Santa where we didn't see Santa'! Who could ask for more than that!?!?!


3 comments:
What are ya gonna do? Are you going to try again on another day? What do your kids want for Christmas? Anything fun?
Nope, I'm hoping to be done with the mall for a long time! We had our own little photo-shoot behind Santa's workshop that day and that is good enough for me! :)
That looks so fun! You guys need to call me when you do this stuff! We totally would have come!
Post a Comment