Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Confession


I have a confession.

It is now January 6th and my Christmas tree is still twinkling proudly in my living room! I know...what am I thinking?!? It is stripped of all its decorations except the lights...but it is still there. So here's my excuse...though that's really all it is, an excuse...I am a sucker - plain and simple. Garrett pleaded with me one day to keep it up until his birthday...and since I am a total push-over, I obliged, stacking his presents (as requested) neatly beneath the tree. I even thought about decorating it again with streamers and balloons...but I settled for hanging a million and two balloons from the ceiling instead and wrapping my painfully bare, post holiday banister in streamers.

So, there you are...my house in in the middle of two holiday decorations! A twinkling Christmas tree and birthday balloons! And I do have to admit...my favorite thing in the world is a lighted Christmas tree twinkling in the dark, while my boys' favorite thing appears to be the millions of balloons floating around the house...so we'll see how quickly it gets all put away! :)

5 comments:

Kelley Hauck said...

I miss you=) Why not just leave it up until your birthday! We should catch up some day soon!

Dan Sudweeks said...

Sounds like fun. Just do what ever... Live for today.

katyn said...

I wish we were still next door neighbors. We could be procrastination buddies. Our Christmas tree is still up, no decorations, no lights. Just the tree. My excuse - I am lazy.

Crystal said...

Yeah keep it up. Mine is!!!! Good riddin's to those keep it up until mid-January.

Dana said...

way to keep the christmas spirit all year round! =)