Wednesday, December 31, 2008

WHY?!?

Why do I think it is necessary to bring my (usually) well-behaved children out into public...and especially the grocery store! From hide-and-seek (meaning, me frantically trying to find my sneaky boys - yes, Ethan too!) to broken jars of very fragrant pickled peppers on the floor to Ethan vehemently REFUSING to sit in the cart...I think I'm done. Or should I say, they are done! Usually I don't mind it...we make our trips out fun and hopefully not too annoying to other fellow shoppers...but today was my breaking point and it must have shown! The lovely check-out manager at HEB opened my own check-out line just for me! The stress must have been evident on my face...or maybe it's just the fact that Ethan has the shrillest most ear-piercing scream you've ever heard - both his joyful/excited shrieks and his upset cries...it's all the same earth-shattering howl!!! :) Regardless, we made it out of there in record time...once again, solidifying the fact that HEB is the world's greatest grocery store! Anyone that gives a crazed mother any sort of break, is an angel in my book!

7 comments:

Stephani said...

I'm sorry we weren't there - usually we coordinate our shopping times! :)

Sheralie said...

Yes, we miss HEB, especially Charles the bagger. I have been thinking about their tortillas and the ancho chili pepper jam . . . enjoy it for us!

Our last trip to the store left Lucy a mess at the checkout line too! It is nice to know we live parallel problems all the way from here!

Rach_Spencer said...

I know the feeling well. I usually try to plan my grocery trips while Benjamin is at school so Christian doesn't have anyone to run around the store with. Otherwise is always ends in disaster.

Erin said...

I think I was there that day at HEB when I heard a jar break! When I went down the condiment isle the aroma of pickles was so strong!

If that was you..then I just had the best laugh ever!!!

katyn said...

What a fabulous grocery store. I just usually get the look like I am a crazy lady who cannot control my children. Our store has miniature grocery carts for the kids to push, but then I end up with happy kids and bruised heels.

Michelle said...

Oh the joys of parenting! I think we have all been there!

Crystal said...

Okay, maybe next time you should call me. I say that only because E and Chloe could really do a number in HEB! I am so sorry. I know how you feel, and that aroma of pickles really is strong. Good luck next time. (I Hear drugs always works) LOL!!!!!!