Monday, December 22, 2008

Mom??? Mom who???


Yesterday I was helping out in Ethan's nursery class. I thought this would be a great thing since he has been a bit hesitant about going lately. Honestly, he is so beyond tired by the time nursery time rolls around on Sundays, that he is beside himself and really doesn't want to be there. I'm hoping that our new 8:30 am schedule in January will solve this problem...but who knows...maybe I just have wussy kids!

So anyway, I'm in nursery with him for the entire 2 hours this week and still the poor boy is standing at the door crying and wanting to leave! Seriously, doesn't he know that I'm right there? And then I hear what he is actually saying in between his heart-wrenching sobs. 'Dad. Dad." When I scoop him up and explain that Daddy is in class and won't be back for a little bit, he walks back to the door and starts a new chant..."Woody, Woody. Dad. Woody." Ahhhh, my poor boy is obsessed with cowboy Woody from Toy Story! He watched a bit with Garrett this week and is completely smitten! Anytime the TV is on...he is chanting "Woody...Woody!" Except that it sounds more like "Wooey...Wooey!"

But seriously...Dad and Woody??? I'm standing right there?!?! Don't I amount to any sort of comfort for the poor boy! Does he really have to resort to fictional computer-generated characters to ease his troubles??? :) Ahhhh...the joys of motherhood are endless!

No comments: