Wow! Never a dull moment when there's a big ol' powerful hurricane that seems dead set on correcting its path until it is headed straight towards you! It looks like we're going to meet Ike head on...according to the constant coverage via our great weathermen who definitely earn their money during these crazy hurricane seasons! Garrett loves to turn on the TV and 'track Ike' right along with them. He is so interested in it all...hopefully he feels the same 48 hours from now!
So here's the scoop, for those of you whom I haven't talked to today! Ike is headed towards the West end of Galveston Island. There are many places that are being evacuated...but we are not among them. And I have to admit, after Rita 3 years ago...I'm quite happy to get ready and hunker down here in my own home! Forget the stand-still traffic on the HOT HOT HOT roads...we will just wait it out here. We're not in any flood zones and we've prepared all we can for the winds. We'll ride out the storm and then depending on our power outage situation, we'll decide whether we'll evacuate then to seek cooler surroundings! So any of you within driving distance...watch out, we might just show up on your doorstep, begging to share in your A/C!
We're praying for all of you out there who are 'hunkering down' and are bracing yourselves for Ike! Good luck, stay safe and we'll see you all when things calm down!
So here's the scoop, for those of you whom I haven't talked to today! Ike is headed towards the West end of Galveston Island. There are many places that are being evacuated...but we are not among them. And I have to admit, after Rita 3 years ago...I'm quite happy to get ready and hunker down here in my own home! Forget the stand-still traffic on the HOT HOT HOT roads...we will just wait it out here. We're not in any flood zones and we've prepared all we can for the winds. We'll ride out the storm and then depending on our power outage situation, we'll decide whether we'll evacuate then to seek cooler surroundings! So any of you within driving distance...watch out, we might just show up on your doorstep, begging to share in your A/C!
We're praying for all of you out there who are 'hunkering down' and are bracing yourselves for Ike! Good luck, stay safe and we'll see you all when things calm down!
3 comments:
I was thinking about you and the impending storm. Take care and keep us posted. I don't live anywhere near the storm path and I have been following it religiously. It is so scary to me. So, with sweaty palms and a heart filled with nervousness, I await your status reports. ;)
Hey...so do you have power or are you part of the millions that don't...like us? Hope you guys are okay and that Ike didn't get to you guys!
Smith Gang,
Hey we have Air Conditioning up here and you are more than welcome to share it with us. We are probably only a short 48 Hour drive or something like that (Camano Island, Wa) We love you guys and are concerned for you.
Post a Comment