Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hummmmmm....

Ahhhh, the glorious hum of electricity!

Just as we were getting into the car to head off to the airport for our flight back home, I got a call from our sweet neighbor informing us that our power had just been restored! I don't know if I've ever gotten better news...ever! So we came home to a cooled house, power working and we've never been more happy to be home! :)

So, now we're home and back to normal life...it seems like forever since it's been that way! Garrett's been out of school for over 2 weeks, and is very excited to go back tomorrow! We were hesitant to schedule our trip a few months ago, thinking that he'd miss a whole week and miss his picture day and everything...but it ends up that his school was cancelled the whole time and he didn't miss a single day - he was pretty excited about that! So, now I have to adjust all over again to having him gone all day! I think it's going to be harder to let him go now than it was for the first day of school...now I know what I'm in for and I'm missing him already! :)

2 comments:

a. borealis said...

Isn't it funny that we never even really knew what A/C was before leaving the temperate climate of Western WA? Or that it is simply known as "A/C". So dorky. Really - I thought air conditioning was just for big stores, not houses as a youngster. Funny how living in different areas changes things.

I'm glad you're going back to comfort!

Michelle said...

Yeah! I am glad you came home to power. Thank you so much for the baby gift. So cute! And can I tell you how bummed I was when I came home and Nate told me that you came by. SO BUMMED! It would have been so good to see you! Thank you for thinking of us! You are awesome!