My baby is turning one today.
Seriously, I don't see how this is quite possible since I feel like I just brought him home from the hospital not too long ago! I am really having a hard time figuring out where an entire year has gone! Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but I'm hoping that it's because time flies when you're having fun. And honestly, this year been fun! :)
I never imagined that having 2 kids could be so great! (now don't get me wrong...it is hard. VERY hard!) But I have loved it. I really can't imagine a more precious thing than to watch your children interact and see the bond and love that is there - complete and unquestioned! I love it!
So here's to you sweet Ethan! Thank you for the amazing year and for brightening our lives...more than we ever could have imagined! I think back to all the doctors who told us that I couldn't or shouldn't have kids. And then when we got our one child, they told me that I should be happy with that and not face the risks of having another. But I cannot even imagine life without our little Ethan! He is such a joy - a loud, ear-splitting joy at times - but we wouldn't be complete without him!


7 comments:
I can't believe I forgot to call yesterday! But tell Ethan I say happy belated birthday (I'm sure he'll know what belated means-- he's a smart kid)!
the last comment was from me . . . dana. I didn't know brian was logged into blogger. DANA says happy belated bday!
Happy Birthday Ethan yesterday!!! He's sure cute!! What a sweet post to him :)
That was a beautiful entry. It's amazing how fast they change. Happy Birthday Ethan! Love ya!
That seems so crazy! It seems like you just had him...time flies doesn't it! He is such a cutie!
Ian just turned one too. I can't believe how fast and fun this year has been. I know exactly what your saying about having kids is hard, but it's great. What would be do without them. Go mountain biking with our husbands, I guess. Happy birthday tot Ethan.
I am soooo glad you had another one. It's so comforting that Someone greater than any doctor is really in charge, isn't it?
Post a Comment