Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Classics...


So, the past few weekends, Garrett has been begging Steve to play computer games with him. He's recently remembered the classic Nintendo games that we have on our computer and has been obsessed with them! So Steve, being the non-gamer he is, but the incredible father, has been introducing Garrett to some of our old classic faves! But can I just say, I LOVE that he loves Super Mario Brothers??? It is so fun knowing that my old favorite Nintendo game is now his favorite game too! I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...and I guess it's a good thing that those apples are very easily amused. Those graphics and music are so classic! :) But, I'd have to say, my favorite part about all this (as I took a turn playing with Garrett today) is the fact that you really don't forget. It comes back to you like you are once again 8 years old, sitting cross-legged in front of your parents TV, taking turns with your brothers and sisters, playing those intense games! :) I remembered exactly where all the secret extra players were, the mushrooms and fire-power flowers, how to 'warp' and all those essential life skills! :)


The only problem I found while playing with Garrett today was that playing on the keyboard was all backwards and I was getting so frustrated...needless to say I only played one game - and played it very poorly at that! But being the nerds that we are, Steve just downloaded Super Mario Brothers for the Wii. Garrett is going to be so excited when he finds out...and I have to admit, Steve and I are just as excited!

3 comments:

La Belle Belge said...

That is CLASSIC! I used to love Super Mario Brothers too when I was a kiddo. I wonder how I'd do now... Maybe I should come over and we can have a Nintendo tournament ha!ha!

Stephani said...

Corey downloaded Super Mario Brothers for us too - it's about the only one I can play. Okay, it is the only one I can play...

Dani said...

Julienna - Ha! Come on over...how fun would that be to have a nintendo tournament! Maybe after our brunch...hmmm, when were we going to schedule that??? :)

Steph...and yes, I should clarify. It is the only game that I can play too! Maybe that's why I like it!