As in everything else, he has done things just like his big brother, and has refused to crawl until now! I don't know what I do wrong...but both my boys have not gotten into the crawling thing! Walking? Sure, no problem! But crawling? They don't want any part of it! :) Garrett never crawled - at least until he mastered every other possible skill! First, he ran first, then walked, then stood still, then crawled. Isn't that slightly backwards??? Ethan is picking up on the 'early' skills a bit sooner than his bro ever did...but has much preferred to walk (with a hand, along the couch, with a walker, or by any means at all - besides his knees) to get to where he wanted to go for quite some time!

Even now...his crawl really isn't much of a crawl as it is a scoot/foot motion! He'll get up on his hands, but then stand up on his feet (or one knee and one foot) and somehow propel his body forward a bit. He's getting fast too and childproofing the house has suddenly become my obsession!


But all-in-all, I am falling in love with my boys all over again! With Ethan as he's learning all these new skills and loves his new found independence and his personality shines through!!! And Garrett as he is cheering his brother on, helping him try new things and is sooooo excited by every single accomplishment his brother makes! I love it!!!

1 comment:
Dani,
I know all about child proofing. Ian is just starting to want to walk, which is months behind my girls. The crawling thing, he has mastered. I can rarely get anything done because is your house really ever fully child proof. We do have to live in it too. He's asleep now so I'm taking a minute to sit and read. Looks like you have a great little family.
Mel
Post a Comment