I know it seems like I've completely fallen off the face of the planet - well, at least the blogging planet, but I'm here, I'm alive, and all is well!
I've been trying to simplify my life a bit...get rid of some of those 'extra' things that were taking up too much time...but instead, I seem like I have more things to occupy myself with! And the worst thing is, they're all important! Nothing that I can push to the side for a bit! :) But such is life...I'm now just focusing on prioritizing and juggling all this good stuff!
Anyway, my favorite for this week is rather basic...but I seriously can't believe I lived my life so long without them!
Microfiber towels. Plain and simple. These babies are the GREATEST thing ever when cleaning your house. Why did I never buy one before??? - I never dreamed it would make that a big of a difference! I seriously feel like I've been just swishing around dust from place to place...but with these towels, the dust is gone (well, at least for a minute or two, until the Texas dust finds it's way back to my furniture again!) Seriously, I've never seen dust like we have here!!!
Anyway, maybe there are different grades of microfiber...but me being the total rookie, just grabbed some off the Walmart shelf when I was walking by (not to be promoting walmart in any way, but I sometimes you just have to go there!!!) But, 8 towels for about 5 bucks - I couldn't pass it up! Maybe one day I'll find a better, more quality microfiber...but for now, my little blue and white dusting wonders are cleaning up a storm and I'm completely smitten!
I love that there are so many of them...especially because Garrett asked to have his very own towel, and he's been so excited to help me clean! Who knew that his own cleaning supplies would motivate the little guy! It's not rocket science though, I'm always more excited when I have a new cleaner to experiment with, so it makes sense that he is too! So, Garrett's been busy this week dusting the baseboards...I figure, he's closer to them, he can do it and I took to the higher/harder to reach spaces and have now dusted all my blinds, doors and the likes...whew!
So, if you don't have one, go get one...you won't be disappointed! Or hey, call me...I apparently have some to spare...we'll just designate you your own, individualized cleaning cloth too!
2 comments:
never tried these! I love your Friday Favorites!! thx for the tips!
Wow I never knew that micor fibers could impress you that way. I guess we will have to give them a try. If a old dog can learn new tricks that is.
Post a Comment