Friday, June 3, 2011

Nifty Fifty

I remember very clearly being in 2nd grade and sitting in the back of the classroom with my teacher and passing off my 50 states that I had memorized...all in abc order.  Garrett was doing this in school a month or so ago and I have LOVED hearing him here at home, rehearsing his states.  He heard a song at school, which he promptly came home and asked to YouTube it so he could memorize it for the next day.  It makes me so happy hearing him sing it...mostly because I LOVED learning the states myself when I was little.

But, what makes me even happier is ETHAN singing the Nifty Fifty song - all day long!  He knows an impressive amount of them...some with his own 3 year-old pronunciation of the names, but he's really pretty good.  My personal favorite....Connetakick for Connecticut, Fontana for Montana, and the falsetto voice thrown in every few states!!!  It kills me!  :)  He skips over a few states here and there...but the next time he sings it, he'll remember those and leave out different ones, so honestly, I think he really does know them all!  I guess it pays to have an older brother!




2 comments:

Dana said...

He knows them better than I do! Guess I'll be looking for that video on you-tube tonight too. :)

Erin said...

So smart. I never learned that song! So cute!