Thursday, March 17, 2011

Motherhood is Humbling

Oh well.  That is pretty much all I can say after this conversation with a certain 3 year old!


We were just getting home from a morning full of a fun breakfast with friends, errands and a quick church meeting...a pretty busy schedule for our lovely low-key spring break.  This is the conversation that ensued... 

Ethan (coming in to my room as I'm dropping off my purse) - Hey Mom?

Me - What?

Ethan - Why you still wearing your pajamas?

Me - WHAT?!?!?!  My pajamas?  What do you mean?

Ethan - Yeah...You're pajamas.  You look like you're still wearing your pajamas.  (Said completely matter-of-factly, I might add!)

Me - Uh....these are NOT my pajamas.  But why don't you go out of my room.  I apparently need to change my clothes.  

So there you have it...my 3 year old apparently thinks I wore my pajamas all over town today.  Goes to show that I shouldn't deviate from my 4 pairs of jeans and normal shirts that I rotate through every week.  And, so much for trying to show that St. Paddy's spirit and wear green!  I just wish we would have had this conversation BEFORE leaving the house this morning!  Needless to say, those capri's are now in the donate bag in my closet!  :)

2 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

Whatever!! You looked so cute! I was even envious of your cute necklace you were wearing this morning! Thanks for coming even when you had a meeting! I wish you could have stayed longer. the fun part was just about to begin... Next year! I saved three bags of the "leprechaun's treasure" for your kids. :)

Butler Fam said...

Just caught up on your blog, and I'm still giggling. Your kids crack me up! I love the watchmen on your windows. lol Good to see your kids got your coolness from you! :)