Little Olivia had to go in for a CT scan a few weeks ago. I knew everything was fine...but it is nice to get the all clear from someone who has actually looked at her little brain and can confirm it. :)
Olivia's pediatrician noticed a few jump in O's head growth at one of her well-visits and recommended the scan...just to make sure. I would have probably fought it a bit more (she is a Smith baby, after all, and big heads just run in the family!!!), or at least asked for a re-do on the measurements...but little Olivia had been acting so funny and so a little look at her brain was a welcome (though somewhat intimidating) prospect.
Olivia had started walking and was doing so well at it...but all of a sudden had completely stopped. She seemed not even able to do it, nor even think about it. She was diagnosed with double ear infections which made complete sense that she had stopped walking all together...but it was still nice to get a more in-depth confirmation of that as well.
Anyway, she did great for the scan. This being the girl who goes into complete hysterics at the dr's office when they take her temperature under her arm (and she has since day 1 in the NICU!). I thought there was NO WAY she'd be able to do it without being sedated...but once again, the amazing medical facilities we are so blessed with in the area, knew exactly what to do and are so incredibly good at working with children. We LOVE Texas Children's! She wasn't happy about it by any means...but she did it!
She was very excited to get out to the car and actually get to eat and drink again. :) I think she downed this cup of milk in 30 seconds even after we got home!!! :)
The results came back fine...just showed us that her ear infections hadn't gone away. So a second round of antibiotics and she's up and walking/running around like before! :) How blessed we are with this little girl!



5 comments:
Give Olivia a big hug from us. She really is a brave little girl. You're a brave mom as well! I am so sorry to hear about her ear infections but am relieved that everything else went well. As for the big head thing--Carter's head is in the 50th percentile but his height and weight aren't even on the charts. I think big heads run in this family! ;)
Oh gosh! What a whirlwind for you guys. I'm glad everything was okay and she's back at it!
I'm glad to hear that everything is good. Hope you guys are all doing well.
So glad all is well!
Scary! I'm so glad it was only an ear infection, well two of them. It sounds like she's the one who will give you both a run for your money. Taking the boys to the emergency room for a broken arm will be cake after this, right? :)
Post a Comment