Sunday, September 20, 2009

it's all in the wording...Ethan style

Side-out = inside out
(I learned this one as we were getting jammies on tonight. Ethan was running around, waving his pajamas, yelling "SIDE-OUT! SIDE-OUT!" all because he had managed to twist his shirt inside-out while trying to get dressed)

Side-wards = sideways
(This one was as he managed to get his shirt on, but it was sideways and he couldn't find the arm holes!)

Tiny-lots = a whole bunch!!!
(This one I figured out as I handed him a bunch of stuff and he shouted out "Whoa...dat's lots...tiny-lots! I figured it meant a lot!)

Liddle-hot (meaning little hot!) = COLD!
(This is what Ethan exclaimed as he took his first sip of his smoothie today. Nothing like frozen fruit and ice to inspire a new vocabulary!!!)

Biss one...bat one - this one or that one

Dantin - napkin (always said in a high-pitched squeal with sticky fingers held out in front of him)

WeeWa or Weeva - all words for Olivia! (always said very excitedly)

And not really a word...but just something cute. Ethan was playing with the Leapfrog ABC Magnets on the fridge the other day as I was making dinner. He put the K in and it told him the sound and then started it's song...'The K says 'kuh' (imagine the K sound...I don't know how to type it without using my useful phonetic alphabet from college!!!) But cute little Ethan is singing along, very passionately, "The tay says 'tuh'...the tay says 'tuh'." It was pretty cute! Most other letters he can say...but that tricky K is out to get him!

Also, not a word, but whenever you say yes to Ethan or tell him something he approves of...he responds with a little 'Yea!!!' either under his breath as he is off to his next thing or a huge "YEA!!!" at the top of his little lungs! Luckily it was the quiet version today as he asked during church if he could have his fruit snacks! Well, as quiet as Ethan gets! :)

3 comments:

Dan Sudweeks said...

That is soo cute. These kinda things will be priceless when they get older to read.

Tiffany W. said...

So cute! :) Eli is confused about the whole hot/cold/warm thing too. :) He always says, "Mommy, I warm" when he is cold. :)

Unknown said...

yes they are 😂
-olivia