Today I was showered with love that only 3 crazy children could bestow upon their frazzled mommy. I know it sounds lame, but I actually prayed to enjoy today. With Steve out of town for Mother's Day, I prayed that I would find moments with each child to truly remember what this day is all about and not feel sorry for myself. And my simple prayer was answered. I wasn't sad at all about being a single-mom for the day (though we did miss Steve terribly!) and I cherished each funny/sweet gesture my kids thought to show me! From the hug before he sat down from singing in church from Garrett...who is usually very aware of any emotion showed in public, to the Star Wars lollipop that Ethan brought downstairs first thing this morning for me and the 400 kisses that he managed to press to my legs and arms and back multiple times during the day, to the extra hours I got to spend talking to Olivia this morning about anything that happened to pop into her cute little head as she and I both woke up earlier than usual!!! I was loved in true child-like fashion and I am so grateful for these kiddos who have made me a mom! As hard as the job is, I wouldn't trade it for anything!
May your Mother's Day be as wonderful as mine!
1 comment:
That was such a sweet post. But it kind of made me want to cry too. It's so hard when Dad is out of town, especially for a big day like Mother's Day.
Post a Comment