Friday, April 1, 2011

The Plan According to Ethan

Today as I'm walking with Ethan and Olivia into preschool, I remind Ethan of the rules in the school entry-way.  I guess kids were getting rowdy, so they emailed asking parents to keep their kids with them and keep them quiet.  So, I'm telling Ethan that he needs to stay by me and that he can't run around and be loud...knowing that his buddies weren't going to be there this morning and he wouldn't leave my side anyway....but it was a nice reminder of the rules, regardless!  Ethan listens, then thinks about it for a second then responds with, "Why?  That's why Heavenly Father sent us here!"  WHAT???  I asked him to clarify, since I couldn't quite follow his logic with this one and he said "Yeah...Heavenly Father sent us here to run around and have fun!"  

So true, my smart little cookie...we are here to have fun.  But we need to follow the rules too!  I'm getting more and more worried about raising this child!

2 comments:

Erin said...

What a smart kid. This story made me laugh pretty hard. What a cleaver answer. We're here on earth to run around and have fun!

Maria said...

This reminds me so much of what Enrique would say. What a clever kid! I love reading your blog. The kids are too cute.