Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ottoman finally finished!



Steve here - this is one of the rare times I have posted in the blogging world. I think I started this project in May, it was to be my first real woodworking project. Shortly after starting, Olivia was born and the project was lost in the garage for a few months. Now, 8 months later, it is finally finished - or at least enough to pretend like it is finished. My thought going in was to see if I could build something worthwhile that looked nice enough to have inside the house (not just garage type material).


This is an ottoman with storage (the lid opens up like a chest), I got the plans from the Lowes Creative Ideas website.

Dani helped me pick out and do the finishing touches, we painted it an off white color and then brushed it with a smoke-colored glaze that leaves it with the antique kind of look. Now I'm looking for another project that hopefully won't take me half a year to do. Dani wants me to make a built-in type of entertainment center but I'm a little nervous about such a big project.


5 comments:

Michelle said...

That turned out fantastic! Way to go Steve!

Deanna said...

Looks great! Rocking horses are fun...

Tiffany W. said...

Very impressive!!! Now can you make one for our house? ;)

Erin said...

It's wonderful! I love project but I agree that they take at least 3 months longer than you expect!

Sheri said...

Good job, Steve! Where did you put it? It looks really nice!