Thursday, October 1, 2009

siblings



The boys completely adore their sister. Not to say that we don't have our issues when Mommy can't help when help is needed...but those times are very few and far between - thankfully!!!

Ethan is especially concerned with and attentive to his "WeeWa" - as he calls her. He is quick to run to the fridge to get a bottle any time she cries...not so helpful when I'm trying to nurse her, but his heart is in the right place! He also is convinced that the music button on Olivia's swing solves any problem. He is known to turn on the tunes at the slightest little squeak! It's pretty cute...loud and annoying...but cute!

Garrett is adoring in his own way, and really is very helpful. He hops in the car everyday after school, slides up next to her carseat and just peers in at her with the adoration evident in his cute face! I'll walk into a room and find him just sitting next to her and staring at her contentedly...and she just stares right back!!! Soooo cute!

It's funny how different they are with her...but it is completely true to their personalities. Like the other day, I asked Garrett to wipe up Olivia's chin when she had just spit up. True to his perfectionist personality...he refuses to do anything until he has been properly trained on the ins and outs and whys of every situation! Once he knows he can do it, he'll do anything...but I hadn't ever 'shown' him how to wipe a chin, so he wad completely freaked to do it! :) While all this was playing out though, Ethan had walked by Olivia's swing, seen the spit up, grabbed a napkin from the counter and was over her in an instant, wiping her chin, all the while, soothing her in his high-pitched 'soothe the baby' voice. It was priceless!


Cute baby girl!



Crazy Boys!


Ethan, on watch duty!

4 comments:

Hugs from mom said...

She looks just like Garrett! And I can't believe how alert she is. What an amazing little girl.

M&M said...

She is beautiful!!!! And, we have the same onesie pack so I love seeing all the familiar onesies. Wish I could meet her.

Sheralie said...

It looks like you are settling in very well. It must be wonderful to have all of your children together. Ethan is so funny!

katyn said...

So cute! I love the picture of Ethan watching over her. It looks like he's ready to spring into actions.