I often ask my boys what they're thinking about. You know, in those random moments that they are quiet and obviously off in their own little world! It's funny to hear what they say. Lately, I've been asking Ethan...and this is what he's said over the past week...
Me - E? What are you thinking about?
Ethan - Elephants.
Me - Elephants? What about elephants?
Ethan - Yea, elephants. Elephants so big!
Me - Ethan, what did you dream about during naptime?
Ethan - Books?
Me - Really, books? That's a good dream!
Ethan - Yeah...I like books!
and today while riding home in the car...
Me - E? What are you thinking about?
Ethan - (looking a bit sheepish) You!
Me - (not knowing if I heard him right) What...did you say me???
Ethan - (now sporting his little embarrassed grin) Yep...you Mom!
Man, I love that kid!
1 comment:
That's so sweet it makes me want to cry.
Post a Comment