Warning...total rambling ahead. Nothing of importance, so feel free to skip this post altogether!
I have a confession. I fully appreciate cute shoes...but have never gotten past the flip-flop stage myself. I admire all my friends whose feet are always clad in cute, stylish footwear...but I have NEVER been able to walk in heels and gave up even trying about 7 years ago.
Okay...fast forward to a few months ago when I was browsing a clearance rack at Famous Footwear - yeah, can you tell that I'm not lying about my non-quality shoe habits when I admit to my shopping locale?!?!? I spied some semi-cute shoes though (read: super cute for me...but I don't know if may others would completely rave as I have...but when you're comparing them to the $2.50 flip flops that I've worn for years, they're SUPER CUTE!!!) I bought these little beauties feeling quite proud of myself, especially considering the crazy bargain I got on them...but then have been too sick to even think about wearing them much. Besides, most of my outings have been to the school, hospitals or doctor's offices and no one there would really appreciate my cute foot style. Who in their right mind would be coming out of anesthesia and walk out in any shoe with a heel...regardless of how minuscule that heel may be!?!?!?
Anyway, I finally got around to wearing them yesterday and as I was prancing around the house when I was getting ready to leave, my boys were very excited for me! Garrett and Ethan each took turns wearing the shoes (though maybe I shouldn't admit that!) and Steve, looking on exclaimed "Ahhhhh, you're walking like a girl!" Hmmm...not quite sure what to think of that...do I usually trudge around like a neanderthal??? While I don't think I quite have the caveman strut, the fact that my poor husband has never seen me in anything cuter than an pretty flip-flop, sneakers or an occasional semi-cute (but flat) church shoe, I'll have to let that one slide!!!
7 comments:
My husband says things like that all the time. Poor guys, its like walking into a bear trap. My girlfriend and I have a code for it. BDG. Big Dumb Guy. So instead of getting mad about a compliment that came out all wrong we just roll our eyes and say BDG... Gotta love them.
i wish you had posted a picture of those cute heels. but definitely let the comment slide- you definitely walk like a girl all the time . . . don't worry! =)
Love it. I also have a shoe issue, I don't like shoe shopping! I'm just lazy. Kudos to you for branching out!!
Yes. That is the bomb!!! You go girl. Chris wishes I would wear more that my croc flipflops. Maybe someday I will graduate to "normal flipflps". Wish me luck!!!
Hey, don't feel bad. Today before church I was putting on mascara, and Ash said, "I think that's the first time I've ever seen you do that." He's known me since I was 17. And I, too, wear flip flops until they fall apart. People make fun of me in the wintertime. Heels are awful to walk in to begin with, and when you're pregnant? Forget it!! You are awesome, Dani. Hope you get feeling better.
I totally understand the shoe thing. Oh, and Sean says things like that ALL the time (you remember).
I decided a few years ago that if I don't wear heels to church now, my one get dressed up day, then I will never be able to. I must say there are times when I'm hauling around three different church bags, carrying Jack in his carrier and herding the other four through the halls at church that I curse the darn shoes. The moment I sit, however, my cute shoes always make me smile.
Post a Comment