Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Fun


We finally did it...something we've been wanting to do for years but never made the time for. We went camping! I know...slightly anti-climatic after that intro...but nonetheless, we finally took the boys camping and we all had the greatest time! (And don't expect any pics with this post...heaven forbid I pack the camera along with everything else!!!) The boys LOVED it...especially since we went with a bunch of their friends...so they just played non-stop for 3 days! So after about 100 smores, 10 games of tent hide-and-seek, digging in the sand at the beach, a bit of fishing and hours of chatting around the campfire...we're convinced that our family can camp and we can't wait to go again! :)

5 comments:

The Perry's said...

I love your picture at the top of your blog. Very cute family pic!

Staci Kramer said...

You are brave! We have talked about going camping forever but it seems like such a hassle with small children that we never get around to actually doing it. What I really want is for my husband to take my boys camping and They can all go get dirty and go to the bathroom in the wilderness and I'll spend a weekend at the spa or something. You are a trooper! Glad you guys had fun! Oh, and by the way, Steve, You have to get Lasik. Its so completely awesome to have 20/20 vision. Its the best money I have ever spent!

Crystal said...

Oh yeah....we are ready to do it again. This time, I bring the striped cookies and marshmellows! Capishe!!!!

a. borealis said...

Oh my, that sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you finally "broke on through". =)

Sheri said...

what fun stories! I can hardly wait to be there!