I don't think I mentioned before that we acquired a new scenic attraction to our street a few months back. A HUGE drilling rig set up shop right at the end of our cul-de-sac and started the whole noisy drilling process! (It actually wasn't too bad from where we were), but it was still a little unnerving having such a big thing right there...can you say property value decreasing before our very eyes?!? But, it was only supposed to be there for 2-3 months, so we figured we'd just enjoy the extra 'street lamp' on our street and ride it out. We were grateful that they took the whole thing down during the hurricane though...I couldn't help envisioning the whole thing taking flight and skewering itself into our front lawn! So anyway, the time passed and though they assembled the whole thing again after the hurricane, they later re-located it a bit further back so honestly I didn't think about it much anymore.
UNTIL TUESDAY!!!
This is what I see when I'm pulling out of my garage that afternoon.
For some reason, flames shooting up above the houses just half a block away was a little unnerving to me! Luckily, it was all under control - and yes, I drove back and got a good look at it and made sure there were people actually on-site and were noticing that there were flames sky-rocketing upward! And yes, I know my video footage skills are extremely lacking...but that was actually pretty good conisidering I had Ethan trying to climb up my leg so he could get the camera! :)
But still, that got my pulse racing for a second! Not to mention the questions from Garrett when we got home - you could tell he was quite concerned! So sad...no little boy needs to be worried about the wind shifting and his house burning down...especially when he still says in every prayer he utters before bed 'thank you that our tree landed on our fence and not in our house.' He may need therapy if we have to experience any other trauma in the near future - thank goodness hurricane season is coming to a close!
oh...and the photo above was stolen from a friends blog! I must not have taken pictures of the new lovely neighborhood attraction! So thanks Nat, I needed a pic to enhance my story...i can give you my awesome video footage if you'd like to trade! lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment